COVID-19: Service Updates
COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATE – February 2022
Support House continues to take the necessary steps to address the COVID-19 pandemic supporting Public Health Ontario’s protocols and recommendations.
We continue to provide support during this time including face-to-face services. Our supports include:
- Our community Supports continue to provide one to one service through in-person visits, phone support, email, and other virtual solutions
- Our congregate homes remain staffed though closed to visitors
- Our Centre peer-led, JBY, and Life Skills groups are being held virtually
- Continue to call 1-833-845-WELL (9355) for our menu of supports
You have a right to a safe space and the responsibility to contribute to that safe space.
What STAFF are doing to contribute to that safe space:
- Performing self-screener prior to any community visits
- Reporting any COVID-19 symptoms or high exposure and rescheduling in-person visits or switching to virtual support
- Practicing social distancing (staying 2 meters/6 feet apart)
- Wearing a face mask and eye protection for face-to-face interactions
- Wiping down all touch surfaces prior to and after the visit takes place within our settings
- Support House has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, students, volunteers and contractors
What YOU can do to contribute to that safe space:
- Report to Support House staff any COVID-19 symptoms or exposure prior to in-person visits
- Practice social distancing (staying 2 meters/6 feet apart)
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth for all face-to-face interactions
- Wipe down all touch surfaces prior to and after the visit takes place
- We encourage everyone to receive their vaccinations including boosters
If you have any questions about how we provide services please contact your Support House staff or for general inquiries at 1-833-845-WELL (9355).
For up to date and reliable COVID-19 information go to: